Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Growing taller too

Ella looked down at her legs today and said "mama! I am getting longer!"

Trying and most of the time succeeding to keep up with her big brother, Ella keeps us on our toes.  She is full of mischief and laughter, sass and gentleness. She can be dainty in dress up shoes and pile-driving her dad the next.  She is rarely predictable, except when we predict that she will be...well...unpredictable.

Fun.  Ella is FUN.

She insists on holding Owen almost every day, and as soon as we get back to the house from taking Connor to the bus stop, she will ask, "when is Connor coming home?"  She loves her brothers.  And her Daddy.  She loves to get all ready for church and hear her Dad say "oh Ella you are soooo pretty"..."I'm all churched up" she will say.

She is full of antics, LOVES to get us to laugh and has the mothering instinct already.  Her doll got a spanking just the other day because "she would not be O-BEED-DE-ENT".  Hmmmm. She gathers purses, dolls, play phones and a light saber, squirrels them away in the corner of the couch and announces "these are my stuffs".  I find her "stuffs" all over the place! A new rule at bedtime states that stuffs can be on the floor next to the bed but not in the bed and only one stuffed animal, so that said individual will have somewhere to sleep!

Gum.  She must have asked me for gum 20 times today.  She has just recently learned how to chew it without swallowing. I explained to her that sometimes we chew gum and sometimes we don't.  She is very quick to pick up on the phrases that I overuse, and recently explained to me, after I asked her why she didn't clean up her toys like I had asked, she said "sometimes we clean up our toys and sometimes we don't". (I patiently explained that this principle did not apply at this moment to these toys!!!)

*sigh* How I love my dear little Ella Bella!


1 comment:

Megan said...

THis was fun to read. We love her too!