Wednesday, May 27, 2009

catching up...

We had family from Arizona visit the last week of April
and the first two weeks of May.
We had a great time, but didn't end up with many pictures!?!?




........................




Allen left with our last set of visitors for a long trip for work.
He would be gone for two to three months and so in preparation,
we spent his last few days having fun:



The two pictures above were taken
in the Natural History Museum in D.C.



Nothing better than reading books with Dad.







.......................................................






After only five days, Allen called to report he was on his way home!
(He will still go on the long trip, it was just postponed).





Connor really liked trying on Allen's new boots.


............................




To be sure we don't leave Ella Bella out,
this was taken on Mother's Day:

(If you look close you can see peanut butter
smeared on the corners of her mouth.
Makes the picture even better!)



..........................



And so, Allen went back to work in the office
while the kids and I assumed our regular, daily activities
which consist of cheese crackers, chalk and lots of laughs:













..........................





We took the metro to Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day.
(Ella's philosophy: "If Connor can do it, so can I")













Thank you to those who have served,

and to those who now serve our country.

Thank you to the families who sacrifice so much.

May we all be truly grateful.






...............................................................





And last but not least

a sewing project:





I made this little dress.

It was really easy and quick...my kind of project.









I made it out of an old t-shirt!

I had to tell you after you looked at the pictures.
Something about knowing what it WAS sticks in your mind
and you can't see past it....

yeah,
I know,
now it looks like she is wearing an old t-shirt, not a toddler's dress.


Maybe I shouldn't have told you. :O)

4 comments:

Robin Lamb said...

That was a fun post! How are you? We need to catch up again. Your kids are getting so big, especially Ella, she's a little girl now, not a baby anymore! It's been crazy to watch them both grow. Talk to you soon!

Heidi said...

Oh Kristin, I'm so glad Allen is home! How fun! We sure do miss you guys. The kids look SO CUTE! I love the dress and love that it was made out of an old T-shirt! Way to go!

Megan said...

Eh. I was thinking pillowcase. TShirt is WAY better. I am totally impressed.

Great pictures with that camera!

Robin Lamb said...

Happy Birthday Conner! We hope you had a fun day!